How to set the joystick on an Android phone is much sought after by gamers. Basically, how to set the joystick to add to the fun of playing games on Android phones. So how about this Android HP tutorial?
Check out how to set the joystick on an Android phone
You need to know that not all types of games can be played with a joystick. Only a few types of games are compatible with the controller. Call it the PSX EPSXE emulator, Drastic NDS, and the PPSSPP PSP Emulator.
If your favorite game or the game you want to play is included in this type, you can continue to follow this discussion. You can actually do the joystick setting by using various applications. Starting from Tincore Keymapper, USB/BT Joystick Center, and Octopus.
Each application offers its own convenience and advantages. As for how to do it, it’s pretty simple. Even beginners can do it easily.
Immediately, the following steps use the application. Make sure you pay close attention to each point so you don’t miss anything. Playing the game also feels more fun.
Using Tincore Keymapper
Tincore Keymapper is one of the mainstay applications in how to set joysticks on Android phones. You can follow the easy steps below.
- The first step you need to do is to connect the joystick to your Android phone. In this case, you can use an OTG cable.
- After that, download Tincore Keymapper.
- Install Tincore Keymapper on the Android phone you are using.
- Open the Tincore Keymapper application.
- Click the New option.
- Customize the profile with the name of the game you want to play.
- When it is done, select Accept.
- Then you can try to open the game as you wish.
- When the icon option appears from Tincore Keymapper, you can immediately make settings. Click the icon that resembles the number 4.
- Then select KTM and adjust the joystick as desired.
Using USB/BT Joystick Center
USB / BT Joystick Center is also another alternative when you want to set the joystick. Try following the joystick settings below to do it on an Android phone.
- Download the USB/BT Joystick Center first on the Play Store.
- Install the USB/BT Joystick Center application on the Android phone.
- Connect the Android device you are using to USB OTG.
- After that, also connect to the USB / BT Joystick Center application.
- Open the USB/BT Joystick Center application that is already installed on the Android phone.
- Press the IME menu until it turns ON.
- When there is an Input Method USBJoyFreeIME, you can click OK.
- Select Search Norm on the left.
- When information appears containing Generic USB Joystick, it is a sign that the USB stick has been detected. You can continue by pressing the analog button.
- You can use the USB joystick immediately when the button is lit.
- Just to make sure, you can check the buttons one by one.
Don’t give up if you can’t do the Android HP joystick settings in the way above. The reason is, you can still try this one method. This time switch to using the Octopus application.
Similar to the method above, you must prepare the Octopus application on an Android phone. If you don’t have it yet, visit the Google Play Store and type in Octopus. After finding it, you can directly download Octopus.
With a process that doesn’t take long, you can download the Octopus application. Next, you just need to install Octopus on your Android smartphone. Only after that, consider the following steps.
- Open the Octopus application on the Android phone you are using.
- Plug the joystick into the Android phone using the OTG cable as an intermediary.
- When connecting, you must make sure that the controller is properly detected on the Android phone.
- If it is really detected, then you can directly click Add Game to enter your favorite game as you wish.
- Open the game. You can look at the edges of the cellphone screen, later the Octopus logo will be embedded.
- The presence of a logo indicates that the joystick setting has been successful. In order to use it more optimally and satisfactorily, you can do some settings as needed.
As we know that not all Android smartphones are capable of connecting with a USB joystick. If the phone you are using is also the same, then you can follow several ways to set the joystick on an Android phone.